Financial Education Program Events
All events are free to USF undergraduate students! You may win: (free food, a scholarship or a portion of your student loans can be repaid) by attending one of our events!
'Save Your Refund Checks & Manage Your Money'
If you're one of the lucky students who receive a refund check through your financial aid—wait! Don't spend it yet! Come to this session and we will show you how to save this money so you don't go broke before the end of the semester.
- Tuesday, January 20—4:00pm – 5:00pm, Interdisciplinary Sciences building (ISA), 7th Floor
- Thursday, January 22—6:00pm – 7:00pm, Interdisciplinary Sciences building (ISA), 7th Floor
- Wednesday, January 28—3:30pm – 4:30pm, Interdisciplinary Sciences building (ISA), 7th Floor
NEW - 'Smart Credit — Choosing and Using Credit Cards Wisely'
So you think you're ready for your first credit card? There are lots of things to consider when you make this big decision. Will you know how to go about selecting that card? And what about the day when your first bill arrives—reading and understanding it may be a bigger challenge than you bargained for. Learn how to get started and continue the wise use of credit cards, and what your rights and responsibilities are as a cardholder.
- Tuesday, February 10—12:30pm – 1:30pm, SVC 5012
- Thursday, February 19—6:00pm – 7:00pm, SVC 5012
- Tuesday, February 24—4:30pm – 5:30pm, SVC 5012
NEW - 'Protect Your Credit and Identity'
Do you know the basics of protecting yourself from identity theft? Identity theft happens when someone steals your personal information and uses it without your permission. It's a serious crime that can wreak havoc with your finances, credit history, and reputation — and can take time, money, and patience to resolve (from CFPB).
- Tuesday, March 10—4:30pm – 5:30pm, SVC 5012
- Thursday, March 12—5:00pm – 6:00pm, SVC 5012
NEW - 'Smart Student Loan Borrowing — Limit Your Debt & Survive!'
Find out how to maximize your financial future by minimizing your student loan debt.
- Wednesday, January 21—3:00pm – 4:00pm, MSC 3711
- Monday, February 9—4:00pm – 5:00pm, MSC 3711
- Thursday, February 26—6:00pm – 7:00pm, SVC 5012
'Preparing for Your Financial Life After Graduation'
Learn how to tie up those loose financial ends before you leave campus. This is a two part session.
- (Part 1) Tuesday, March 31—5:00pm –7:00pm, Interdisciplinary Sciences building (ISA), 7th Floor
- (Part 2) Thursday, April 2—5:00pm - 7:00pm, Interdisciplinary Sciences building (ISA), 7th Floor
'Repay-A-Bull: Student Loan Exit Counseling'
Did you know that prior to graduation or leaving school, you are required by the federal government to complete student loan exit counseling if you have borrowed loans while in school? You must repay a student loan even if your financial circumstances become difficult. Come to this interactive session and learn how loan repayment works and how you can stay on track with your loan payments, successfully repay your debt and improve your credit score.
- Tuesday, March 24—3:30pm – 4:30pm, MSC 3707
- Wednesday, April 1—3:00pm – 4:00pm, MSC 3707
- Saturday, April 11 — 2:00pm - 3:00pm, Interdisciplinary Sciences building (ISA), 7th Floor
Visit us weekly to learn about Financial Education@USF's services. Spin our wheel and win free food, tickets to area attractions and swag!
- Every Wednesday, 11:00am-1:00pm, Marshall Student Center (MSC) Courtyard
- First Tuesday of each month 11:00 am – 1:00 pm MSC Courtyard