Faculty and Staff
A Global Pathway is an undergraduate major or degree program that has significant global content. Global Pathways provide students with the opportunity to practice and apply global competencies through the major or degree program. Individualized attention and support for program development toward Global Pathway designation is offered by GCP Professional Development Specialists. Students in Global Pathway degree programs not only benefit academically from the globalized program of study but are also well positioned to earn the Global Citizen Award and become eligible to apply for a $2,500 study abroad scholarship.
Departments seeking to certify their major(s) or degree program(s) as a Global Pathway should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
GLOBAL PATHWAY COMPONENTS
The following are the primary components for developing a Global Pathway.
- Develop program learning outcomes aligned with two Global Citizens Project objectives.
- Certify two courses required for the degree program as Global Citizens courses.
- Complete a curriculum map.
- Offer a course that incorporates one of the following high-impact practices: study abroad/away, undergraduate research, service-learning, or internships.
- Partner with a Student Affairs office or department to co-sponsor an annual event or program.
Certified Global Pathways receive designation in USF's undergraduate catalog.
Music Education - B.S. Music Education (approved 11/2017) Theatre & Dance - B.A. Theatre (approved 11/2017)
Anthropology - B.A. Anthropology (approved 4/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Elizabeth Miller
- Global Pathway Lead and Course Proposer - Sara Green
Educational and Psychological Studies - Global Studies in Education minor (approved 4/2018) Teaching and Learning - BA./B.S. Exceptional Student Education (approved 4/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Betsy Doone
Communication Sciences & Disorders - B.A. Communication Sciences & Disorders (approved 3/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Steven Surrency
Nursing - B.S. Upper Division Sequence (approved 4/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Stephen Mcghee
Public Health - B.S. Public Health (approved 4/2018)
- Global Pathway Lead - Laura Rusnak
The following departments are currently working with the Global Citizens Project to develop their degree programs as Global Pathways.
Theatre & Dance - B.A. Dance Theatre & Dance - B.F.A. Dance
Communications - B.A. Communication
- Global Pathway Lead - Navita James
- Global Pathway Course Proposer - Ellen Klein
- Global Pathway Lead and Course Proposer - Stephan Schindler
Global Health - Community Engaged Homeland Security & Emergency Management minor