Honors College Student Council
There are several opportunities for students to get involved with the Honors College, the USF community, and the greater Tampa Bay community. The Honors College Student Council (HCSC) is one such way for students to develop leadership skills and contribute to the local community.
The mission of the HCSC is to develop a community of leaders by providing opportunities for growth, social connectivity, and service in order to achieve a balanced Honors College experience. Students who are a part of this organization plan social and community service events for Honors College students.
We have three committees for students to join: events, volunteer, and advertising.
Each committee is led by two co-chairs. In addition, we have a president, vice president,
a leadership development/networking chair, and a community ambassador. The committees
- Focuses on planning volunteer opportunities in the Tampa Bay area, including working with children, animals, the elderly, schools, and more! You would take part in fundraising and coordinating volunteer events for the Honors College.
- Meets Tuesdays from 6-7pm in the Honors College Lounge
- Plans all the social events the Honors College puts on! Everything from a Haunted House, James Bond Casino Night, Picnics, and so much more! You would be participating in planning, preparing for, and running these events.
- Meets Wednesdays from 6-7pm in the Honors College Lounge
- Creates clever advertisements for the events put on by HCSC! Learn Photoshop and Video Editing skills as you put together flyers, banners, videos, posters, cut-outs and so much more to bring the party to the amazing events HCSC plans out. This committee is more hands-on, but don't worry! No artistic ability needed, we love to have anyone join!
- Meets Thursdays from 6-7pm in the Honors College Lounge
If you would like to join a committee and be a part of the Honors College Student
Council, or if you have any questions about the organization, please contact Ms. Casey Farrell.
You can also learn more by visiting the HCSC Facebook page and BullSync page.