All First Year Students admitted to USF are required to attend a mandatory two-day University Orientation prior to their first semester of attendance. This Orientation program is vital because it informs students of the benefits, requirements and possibilities of University life. During this session, students learn about financial aid, academic requirements for their major, the wealth of student organizations available, and much more. Students who have been admitted to the Honors College will also have an Honors-specific Orientation during the University session. Admitted students must attend all Honors College presentations during their Orientation to ensure they are fully admitted to the College and receive the appropriate benefits.
To sign up for one of the mandatory USF Orientation sessions, please visit the orientation webpage.
As an Honors College student you will be directed to those sessions that have open seats specifically for Honors students. Choose the sessions that best meet your needs, complete all online forms, and submit the required Orientation fee.
You will receive a confirmation in the mail from the Office of Orientation.
- Please arrive on time for your scheduled two-day session.
- Make sure to bring copies of any dual enrollment transcripts or accelerated exam scores (AP, IB, etc.).
- Before your orientation, continue to research majors, minors, and courses of interest on the USF website. Become fans of the Honors College and Honors College Student Council to learn about upcoming events and to connect with other Honors students. You may also wish to volunteer or shadow a professional in your community, and enjoy your summer!
- You will see the Honors College staff and student mentors twice during the two-day session. These times are:
- Mandatory College Information Session* (Lunch meeting on the second day). See your Orientation booklet for time and location details.
- Mandatory Advising/Registration Session* (Afternoon of the second day). Specific time and location details will be given to you on the first day of orientation.
*Note: These sessions are mandatory for admitted Honors College students. You will not be able to finalize your Honors College admission without attending both sessions.