Are you a facilitator offering training to USF employees? This page provides resources and guidelines to help. Check back often as we add to this page.
GEMS is the USF System's official record of training completions. All required employee training must be entered and tracked in GEMS.
- All USF employees use Self Service in GEMS to enroll in training and view their training summaries.
- Managers can enroll and view training summaries for their direct reports.
- Departmental HR users can view training summaries in GEMS for any employee.
The process involves the instructor, HR Learning & Talent Development (LTD), and the employee. There are three phases:
- Instructor requests a new course using the online Course Setup form (link below). LTD will create the course in GEMS.
- Instructor requests session(s) be created using the Course Session Setup form (link below). LTD will create the sessions.
- Employees enroll; Instructor conducts training; LTD closes session.
Questions? Contact LTD at firstname.lastname@example.org or (813) 974-3090.
Several valuable online courses and playlists for facilitators are available from Lynda.com, accessed at no charge for USF employees through the My USF Portal. We recommend:
Train the Trainer - this link opens to Lynda.com. Click Sign in, then "Sign in with your organization portal" and type "usf.edu" to access the MyUSF portal.