The master's degree in cybersecurity with a concentration in cyber intelligence prepares you to acquire and assess the intentions, capabilities, and activities of potential adversaries and insiders who pose a threat, including attack methods that target people to penetrate systems, sometimes referred to as social engineering.
Learn to generate and evaluate courses of action to manage risks, counter vulnerabilities and enhance organizational decision-making as you develop an understanding of how intelligence drives a cybersecurity mission.
Courses will prepare graduates for entry-level or advanced positions as cyber intelligence or threat intelligence analysts.
This concentration requires the four core courses, plus six concentration courses and one practicum course. For a full list of courses, view the Graduate Catalog. View the cybersecurity application deadlines.
Please note that you are required to participate in a three-credit-hour practicum experience as part of this program. This provides an opportunity for you to gain valuable practical experience in the industry while working toward your degree.
Required Core Courses (12 Credit Hours)
- Special Topics: Data Networks, Systems and Securities (3)
- Special Topics: Applied Cryptography (3)
- Basics of Information Security and Risk Management (3)
- Decision Processes for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (3)
Concentration Courses (18 Credit Hours)
- Professional and Technical Communication (3)
- Information Strategy and Decision Making (3)
- Core Concepts in Intelligence (3)
- Advanced Intelligence Analytic Methods (3)
- Cyber Intelligence (3)
- Advanced Cyber intelligence (3)
Practicum (3 Credit Hours)
- Supervised Field Work (3)
Please note that you are required to submit an electronic portfolio demonstrating completion of core program competencies in cybersecurity and in the area of concentration.
The Spring 2016 term application deadline is Dec. 4, 2015
The Spring 2016 term begins Jan. 11, 2016
The Summer 2016 term application deadline is March 18, 2016
The Summer 2016 term begins May 16, 2016