Analytics and Business Intelligence
Analytics and business intelligence skills are in great demand today. This certificate prepares students to acquire necessary skills in analytics and business intelligence as needed in the marketplace. Graduate students who take four of the five required courses, and earn a GPA of 3.0 or higher in these courses, will receive a "Joint SAS/USF Certificate in Analytics and Business Intelligence" when they use a SAS analytics package as part of some of these courses.
The Certificate is offered at the Tampa campus.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
To learn about the application process, and to access the application, please review our application process.
Tuition and fees
Normal tuition and fees apply for on campus courses.
Student should meet the statistics and database prerequisites as outlined in the graduate catalog for the MS/MIS program:
- A course in database or significant work experience related to databases in order to take Advanced Database and Data Warehousing courses
- A course in statistics to take all the data mining and statistics classes
12 credit hours. Choose four courses from the list below:
- ISM 6136 - Data Mining (3)
- ISM 6218 - Advanced Database Systems (3)
- ISM 6208 - Data Warehousing (3)
- ISM 6930 - Statistical Data Mining (3)
- QMB 7566 - Applied Multivariate Statistical Methods (3) *(not available online)
Credit toward graduate degree
Up to 12 hours of certificate course credits may be applied to a graduate degree with departmental approval.
International students must submit a TOEFL score when English is not the native language. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test or 79 on the web-based test is required.
Time Limit for Completion of Certificate
Per University Policy, all Certificates have a five year time limit; however, the
approximate time to complete the Certificate is two years.