The Sustainable Business graduate certificate will provide a foundation for designing sustainable organizations and businesses and related concepts pertaining to sustainability. Organizations and businesses from all sectors need to develop sustainable practices and models to minimize their environmental footprint and maximize their social responsibility to all stakeholders to meet the requirements of a sustainable, low carbon economy. The goal of this certificate is to provide participants with the knowledge, literacy, skills and tools they need to create more sustainable organizations.
The Certificate is offered both partially online and on campus.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA. or department approval.
To learn about the application process, and to access the application, please review our application process.
* Portfolio applications will be considered.
A total of 12 credit hours required for the certificate.
9 credit hours are required
- IDS 6233 Concepts and Principles of Sustainability (3)
- IDS 6235 Economics and Finance for Sustainability (3)
- GEB 6457 Ethics, Law and Sustainable Business Practices (3)
3 credit hours are required. Please choose one of the following courses:
- MAR 6336 Promotion Management (3)
- MAR 6936 Sustainable Marketing (3)
- MAR 6936 Supply Chain Management (3)
- GEB 6527 - Lean Six Sigma (3)
- EIN 6936 - Advanced Lean Six Sigma (3)
Credit Toward Graduate Degree
Up to 12 hours of certificate course credits may be applied to a graduate degree with departmental approval.
International students must submit a TOEFL score when English is not the native language. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test or 79 on the web-based test is required.
Per University Policy, all Certificates have a five year time limit; however, the approximate time to complete the Certificate is three years.