The Graduate Certificate in NanoPharmaceutics (NP) is designed for students who are interested in Nanotechnology without having to fully commit to the Master's Degree offered in this field through the College of Pharmacy; or as a precursor to admission into the Master's Degree in Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology. This graduate certificate offers students the opportunity to study within technological advances in sciences at the nanoscale and how new nanomaterials and process can be applied to drug delivery, diagnosis, treatment monitory, tissue regeneration, personalized medicine and more within this exciting and innovative field of study. This certificate can also provide a nice addition to other engineering, bioengineering, medicine, biomedicine, chemistry, biology or other sciences degree programs.
The Certificate is offered at the Tampa campus and fully online.
Applicants must have an advanced degree from a regionally accredited institution, or a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and either be currently enrolled in the biomedical sciences (MD, DO, PhD, PharmD or equivalent, or have extensive clinical experience.
To learn about the application process, and to access the application, please review our application process.
In addition, to the application forms please submit:
- Departmental Approval Form (Please print, sign, and submit this form with all other documents to our office).
- Official transcripts
- A resume
- Letter of Interest
Total of 16 credit hours
- PHA 6146 Introduction to Nanotechnology (3)
- PHA 6119 Micro/Nano Drug Delivery System (3)
- PHA 6118 Nanomaterials, BioMEMES and Nanodevices in Medicine (3)
- PHA 6225 Invention, Innovations & Entrepreneurship (3)
- PHA 6147 Nanotechnology & Risk Management (3)
- PHA 6277 Ethics in Pharmaceutical Practice and Research (1)
Credit toward graduate degree
Up to 12 hours of certificate course credits may be applied to a graduate degree with departmental approval.
- GRE and PCAT scores can be used to demonstrate qualitative and quantitative skills.
- International students must submit a TOEFL score when English is not the native language. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test or 79 on the web-based test is required. MCAT or GRE or equivalent optional.