The graduate certificate in Public Management will benefit those who currently hold positions in governmental management as well as those who administer governmental contracts and programs. This course of study develops competencies required for effective public management.
This graduate certificate curriculum is offered at the Tampa campus.
Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited university with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
Application ProcessTo learn about the application process, and to access the application, please review our application process.
In addition to your completed application form, transcripts, resume and letter of interest, you will need to submit the following documents:
- Submit two letters of recommendation
None are required.
18 total credit hours are required.
9 total credit hours are required.
- PAD 6060 - Public Administration Theory & Practice (3)
Please select the remaining 6 credit hours of core courses from the following list:
- PAD 6041 - Ethics and Public Service (3)
- PAD 6227 - Public Budgeting (3)
- PAD 6307 - Policy Analysis, Implementation and Program Evaluation (3)
- PAD 6703 - Quantitative Aids for Public Managers (3)
- PAD 6710 - Public Information Management (3)
- PAD 6275 - Political Economy for Public Managers (3)
- PAD 6417 - Human Resources Management (3)
9 credit hours of elective courses to be approved in advance by the certificate program director.
Students should complete the certificate within 2-3 years.
Credit Toward Graduate Degree
All 18 hours/six courses from this certificate may be transferred into the Master in Public Administration program as long as a grade of B or higher was received in the certificate classes.
Standardized tests are not required for admission to this certificate. However, should a graduate certificate student subsequently apply to the master's degree program in Public Management, the GRE is required. International students must submit a TOEFL score when English is not the native language. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test or 79 on the web-based test is required.