The University of South Florida's Industrial and Management Systems Engineering department offers a fully online Graduate Certificate in Systems Engineering for individuals with technical backgrounds. This certificate program offers both quantitative and qualitative approaches to strengthen systems engineering credentials.
This certificate is available fully online.
The applicant must have an earned bachelor's degree in engineering or its equivalence from a regionally accredited academic institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
To learn about the application process, and to access the application, please review our application process.
None are required.
12 credit hours. The student must obtain a grade of 'C' or better in each course for it to be applied toward the certificate. Students pursuing a graduate certificate will be required to meet the same academic requirements as those defined for degree-seeking graduate students to remain in "good academic standing."
- EIN 6935 - Systems Integration (3)
- EIN 6455 - Project Management (3)
6 credit hours. Choose two from the following:
- ESI 5306 - Operations Research for Engineering Managers (3)
- ESI 5470 - Manufacturing Systems Analysis (3)
- ESI 5522 - Computer Simulation (3)
- ESI 5236 - Reliability Engineering (3)
- ESI 6213 - Stochastic Decision Models (3)
- ESI 6247 - Statistical Design Models (3)
- ESI 6491 - Linear Programming & Network Optimization (3)
- ESI 6324 - Engineering the Supply Chain (3)
- EIN 6935 - Risk and Decision Analysis (3)
The certificate is to be completed within three (3) years.
Credit toward Graduate Degree
Up to 12 hours of certificate course credits may be applied to a graduate degree with departmental approval.
There are no specific tests required unless the student is applying for graduate school, in which case the GRE must be successfully completed. International students must submit a TOEFL score when English is not the native language. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test or 79 on the web-based test is required.