Total Quality Management
The University of South Florida's Industrial & Management Systems Engineering department offers a fully online graduate certificate in Total Quality Management.
The certificate is offered at the Tampa campus and fully online.
The applicant must have an earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited academic institution with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
To learn about the application process, and to access the application, please review our application process.
None are required.
A concentration of fifteen (15) semester hours in five (5) courses is required. The student must obtain a grade of at least 75% in each class for it to be applied toward the certificate.
- EIN 6936 - Benchmarking (3)
- ESI 6225 - Quality Assurance Plans (3)
- ESI 6247 - Statistical Design Models (3)
- ESI 5236 - Reliability Engineering (3)
- EIN 5174 - Total Quality Mgmt. Concepts (3)
- EIN 6225 - Total Quality Mgmt. Seminar (3)
- EIN 6179 - Advanced Total Quality Mgmt. - Six Sigma (3)
- EIN 6178 - ISO 9000/14000 (3)
- EIN 6935 - Engineering a LEAN Enterprise (3)
The time limit will be determined by the department.
Credit toward Graduate Degree
No more than 12 credits may be applied; however, student should receive prior approval before the course work obtained through this certificate is applied towards a graduate degree. Prospective MSEM students must meet all entrance requirements for the MSEM program before the course(s) will be transferred. Additionally, no class will be considered unless at least a 'B' grade was obtained in each one.
International students must submit a TOEFL score when English is not the native language. A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based test or 79 on the web-based test is required.