Graduate Certificate Changes
How to Request Changes to an Existing Graduate Certificate
You can request changes to an existing graduate certificate, including:
- Change of program director
- Change in the name of the certificate program
- Change in the course number
These types of changes are defined as "non-substantive" changes and may be approved by the Director of Graduate Certificates and/or the Dean of the Graduate School and the Curriculum Subcommittee Chair.
You can also request more substantive changes, including:
- Additions, deletions or other such changes to course or admission requirements.
These types of changes are defined as "substantive" changes and must be approved by the Graduate Council. If approved by the Curriculum Subcommittee, the proposal is then forwarded to the full Graduate Council for approval.
To propose changes to an existing graduate certificate program, please follow these steps:
- Contact the Office of Graduate Certificates at 813-974-2442 to discuss the proposed certificate changes and the approval process.
- Download the Graduate Certificate Change Form.
- Complete the form. Detail the changes you would like to make to the certificate program, to include the current course or requirement and the proposed course or requirement. On the justification page, discuss why the change is needed and how it will improve the graduate certificate.
- Email the completed form to the Office of Graduate Certificates for initial review.
- Once the draft has been reviewed by the Office of Graduate Certificates, and any needed revisions have been completed, you must have the proposal signed by your department chair/director.
- If the changes are extensive, you must also submit the proposal to your college dean's office for review by the college committee. In this case, you must obtain the college committee chair's signature to move forward.
- Once all necessary approvals have been obtains, email the final version to the Office of Graduate Certificates. Then submit the original, signed version to the Office of Graduate Certificates in SVC1072.
- The Office of Graduate Certificates will request that it be placed on the Graduate Council Curriculum Subcommittee's agenda for review.