Strategic Goals 1-8
Goal 4: Administrative Effectiveness
"Improve administrative efficiency and decision making by providing integrated administrative
systems and information that enable streamlined processes and effective management."
The USF System currently uses PeopleSoft for managing finance and HR processes, and Banner for student information management. These systems were implemented over a decade ago, with customizations that make upgrades costly and complex. The focus over the next few years will be to improve system efficiencies by aligning administrative processes with system processes and resources. This realignment will better integrate information systems to facilitate institutional reporting and decision support processes.
- Address key administrative process and system issues associated with the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (GEMS) and Financial systems (FAST) through the re-engineering of these systems.
- Work with the appropriate governance structures, institution units and software vendors to identify areas where system modifications can be removed from enterprise systems. Analyze and redesign local modifications that are retained in the system to take advantage of baseline structures to reduce the footprint of retained modifications.
- Archive and purge data from enterprise systems, as appropriate, to decrease exposure to information theft, increase system processing performance, and facilitate faster implementation of maintenance packs and upgrades.
- Improve timeliness of providing systems access to new users by implementing a streamlined system to establish a unique identity for new users within the USF System and allow automatic provisioning of key services (such as email accounts) to these new users prior to their start date.
- Develop and implement a Business Intelligence Strategy that establishes a framework for information reporting solutions and improves the ability for the USF System to make effective decisions based on quality and intelligent information. This will include all components of the Business Intelligence architecture, including reporting tools and information integration, as well as supporting processes and governance.
Achievement of this Goal will be measured by:
- Number of processes improved and modifications removed from administrative systems.