Strategic Goals 1-8
Goal 5: Communication Strategy
"Develop and deliver a consistent, branded, system-wide information technology communication
plan that promotes awareness and use of IT services and encompasses the informational
needs of various stakeholder groups."
Communication is a key component in the successful delivery of technology solutions and services, and the information shared should be timely, appropriate and received by the intended audience. IT will be revisiting the organization’s communication strategy to leverage communication technologies and to share technology services, activities and status of systems with the USF System community.
- Develop an organizational motto that conveys the role of IT and inspires our community.
- Restructure and update the IT website, organizing information according to customer groups where possible.
- Develop a marketing campaign that maximizes the use of technology, media outlets and Web 2.0 tools to communicate more effectively with campus constituents, most importantly, students and faculty.
- Establish a universal web content management platform that enhances and simplifies the posting, distribution, and sharing of information across the IT organization and the institutions within the USF System, including user-generated content, calendar information and advertising content.
- Continue the development of an integrated emergency notification system interface.
Achievement of this Goal will be measured by:
- Overall awareness of IT services and solutions within the USF System community.