Strategic Goals 1-8
Goal 8: Employee Recruiting, Retention & Development
"Become a nationally recognized IT workplace through the attraction, development and
retention of world-class personnel."
The future success of IT rests on our ability to create a strong foundation of resources and best practices to attract, retain and develop the very best staff to carry out our mission. IT also recognizes that satisfied employees are more effective and emphasis will be placed on improving those areas that create satisfied staff, which in turn will improve retention.
- Promote and encourage active participation in local, state, national and international conferences and organizations focused on higher education, embracing opportunities to showcase success stories, best practices, and to partner with other institutions on technology solutions.
- Create an employee satisfaction survey to better understand the satisfaction level of IT staff, and to drive improvements in this area.
- Evaluate IT job classifications and update job descriptions to more accurately reflect jobs in the organization. Additionally, create and maintain appropriate career paths for IT staff.
- Develop and implement a formal mentoring/training program giving employees the ability to cross train between different IT units and campuses, taking into consideration their desire to improve their skills and progress their career, while supporting the needs of the USF System and its member institutions.
- Advocate for competitive salaries for IT staff by conducting an internal and external salary survey assessment and recommending an employee bonus program.
Achievement of this Goal will be measured by:
- Participation in local, state, national and international conferences and organizations.
- Employee satisfaction.