Strategic Goals 1-8
Goal 3: Research
"Provide the research community with the technologies, resources, and administrative
solutions for recognition as a major 21st century research university."
The institutions within the USF System continue to focus on expanding and advancing research and becoming recognized for innovation in research. In support of achieving these missions and goals, IT will provide the technology solutions and resources to facilitate research in the 21st century.
- Create a research technology strategy that focuses on: developing a proposed research portfolio, with input from the research community; performing a gap analysis between the current state and the desired portfolio; and developing a plan for creation of the portfolio.
- Develop a visualization center by deploying a large-scale, high resolution, 3D capable visualization platform; providing consulting services to aid instructors and researchers with visualization and graphic production; and establish a training center to teach students visualization and graphics.
- Implement an on-line proposal development solution that meets the needs and expectations of the research community and executive administrators.
- Create a system-wide electronic research intranet, including: a researcher directory/ networking tool; a central repository for electronic data for researchers to share and store files; a portal where research teams can “meet” and work on-line in a virtual shared space; and a solution to electronically capture information from large grant proposals.
Achievement of this Goal will be measured by:
- The effectiveness of the computing portfolio in supporting the USF System institutions research missions.