Strategic Goals 1-8
Goal 1: Student Success
"Enhance student success by providing “anywhere, anytime” access to 21st century learning
tools and resources our students and faculty require to succeed."
Information Technology is committed to helping empower students to achieve academic success by ensuring the infrastructure, tools and support are available that facilitate enhancing the teaching/learning process and that provide “anywhere, anytime” access to the university experience. Teaching and learning occurs in many ways today, including face-to-face, distance learning, online collaborations, and IT is committed to providing the technology to facilitate these methods. IT will be steadfast in its efforts over the next few years to implement the recommendations generated by the Student Success Task Force in their 2009-10 Report.
- Virtualized applications that allow students to access university-owned software from any computer via a web browser. All applications that are available in open use labs will be virtualized.
- Simplify access to university online resources and systems by developing and deploying a personalized web portal, creating a single point of presence, and enhancing the university experience.
- Edge devices, mobile devices, including smart phones, iPads, etc. are owned and expect to be used by a growing number of people within the USF System community. IT will establish the infrastructure and tools to facilitate creation of mobile applications that allow students, faculty and staff access to the systems they need to succeed, from any device, at any time.
- Collaboration using social software is being used more frequently for learning and research. IT will increase the availability of collaboration and Web 2.0 tools for students, faculty and staff.
- Distance learning is increasing in popularity as more and more students are electing to study online. IT will provide the technology and infrastructure to facilitate distance learning as requested by the USF System community.
- Develop a strategy to facilitate the integration of student information with Customer Relationship Management systems.
- Develop and support technologies that facilitate student access to eTextbooks and online library collections.
- Continue to equip and systematically upgrade (general use) classrooms with necessary hardware and software that facilitate improving the learning process.
- Improve support for students by expanding IT support hours to align with “anywhere, anytime” student access expectations.
- Participate in the development of a student-centered learning commons supported by advanced technology.
Achievement of this Goal will be measured by:
- Availability of diverse technology systems for students “anywhere, anytime.”