Pop-up windows, or pop-ups, are windows that appear automatically without your permission while browsing websites. Some browsers have pop-up blocking turned on by default. Blocking pop-ups interfere with websites such as FAST and GEMS. If you have a 'Pop-up Blocker' enabled on your browser, you can enable the browser to recognize USF servers as trusted sites, allowing pop-ups from FAST and GEMS.
Internet Explorer 11 (Windows)
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Internet Explorer icon on the taskbar.
2. Click the Tools button
3. Click Internet options.
4. On the Privacy tab, under Pop-up Blocker, select or clear the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box, and then click OK.
1. Open Firefox, click the 'Tools' menu.
2. Click 'Options'.
3. Click the 'Content' icon.
4. Click the 'Exceptions' button located to the right of 'Block pop-up windows'.
5. In the 'Address of web site' field, type: gems.fastmail.usf.edu/
6. Click 'Allow', then 'Close'.
7. Click 'OK' to close the Options dialog box.
1. Open Safari, click the 'Safari' menu.
2. Click 'Preferences'.
3. Click 'Security' tab.
4. Deselect 'Block Pop-up Windows'.
1. Open Chrome, click the menu icon (located in the upper-right corner).
2. Click 'Settings'.
3. Click 'Show advanced settings' link.
4. Under 'Privacy', click the 'Content settings' button.
5. Under 'Pop-ups', select 'Allow all sites to show pop-ups'
6. Select the 'OK' button.