Conference Calling with Existing Phone
The following is a list of the different telephone models available for conferences utilizing your existing phone:
For phone models: 8102, 8110, 6218, 6219, 6220, 6221: Single-line analog sets can conference two additional parties for a total of three.
- To add a third party: ask the party to hold, press the "Flash" button, dial the third party's phone number, press the "Flash" button again and begin the 3-way conference call.
- To drop the third party: press the "Flash" button and resume the 2-way conversation.
- To drop yourself from the call: hang up. The other parties will remain connected as long as one party remains connected to the USF network telephone system.
For phone models: 8410, 8434, 6408, 6416, 6424, 4602, 4606, 4610, 4612, 4620, 4621, 4624, 4625: Multi-line digital sets can conference five additional parties for a total of six.
- To add callers to an existing call: ask the party to hold, press the "Conference" button, dial the new party and wait for an answer, press the "Conference" button again and begin conversation. Repeat these steps for each additional party.
- To drop callers from existing call: If you have a "Drop" button, press that button and you will drop the last party added to the call, otherwise you will need to ask the caller to hang up.
- To drop yourself: hang up. The other parties will remain connected as long as one party remains connected to the USF Network telephone system.
For phone models: 9601, 9608, 9621G: Voice over IP (VoIP) sets can conference up to 5 people.
- Setting up a conference call
- While on the current call, press the Conf softkey (The call is automatically on hold and the second line becomes active)
- Dial the number of the next party
- Press the Join softkey or the OK button to add the new party to the call
- Press the Add and repeat these steps to add another person to the conference call if needed
- Using the conference button to add a held call to an active call
- While on an active call, press the Conf softkey or Add if you are already in a conference
- Select the call on hold that you want to add to the conference
- Press the softkey below Resume
- Press the softkey below Join (You have successfully added two calls together)
- Drop the last person added to the conference call
- Press the Drop softkey. The last party connected to the conference call is dropped from the call.
- Dropping a specific caller from a conference call
- From the Phone screen, select your active callPress DetailsSelect the person you want to dropPress Drop