Extension to Cellular
With Extension to Cellular, calls to your campus phone are extended to your cell phone. This allows you to receive work-related calls wherever you are and whenever you need to. Extension to Cellular also offers Caller ID so you know who's calling before you answer.
- Basic activation with call waiting* can only be offered to those customers with certain models of multi-line sets (see requirements)
- Allows you to automatically disable the Extension to Cellular feature for one hour. At the end of the hour, the Extension to Cellular feature is automatically enabled.
- You can easily switch from your office phone to your cellular phone during an on-going conversation with the Extend to Call feature.
- A barge-in tone is also provided for security. Example: while using the enabled cell phone, if someone picks up your campus phone to listen or join the conversation, you will hear a beep tone.
- During setup, you can choose to have external calls, internal calls, or all calls delivered to your cell phone called "Call Filtering".
The Extension to Cellular feature can be activated and de-activated by one touch of a button on your multi-line set. This feature can also be turned on or off remotely through the use of codes.
- Tampa Campus customers only
- Local 813 cell number
- Digital cell phone
- Cell phone must be configured to receive and display 10-digit calling number
- Cell phone must provide their 10-digit calling number
- Cell phone must be equipped for call waiting if using the feature
- Compatible multi-line telephone sets: 4602, 4606, 4610, 4612, 4624, 6408, 6416, 6424
Service Charge: $10.00/month
Service Request: This service requires the submission of a Services Request Form. The completed form may be faxed to 813-974-5140 or mailed to the Tampa Campus, building SVC 4010. If you have any questions contact your Voice & Data Communications Specialist or call the Help Desk at (813) 974-1222.
Extension to Cellular will not work when the following features are activated on your
campus phone: Send All Calls, Call Forwarding, or Call Coverage. In addition, if you
have voice mail on your campus phone, the number of rings before going to voice mail
must be adjusted to be less then the number of rings to your cell phone voice mail.
*Limit of one call waiting