Software & Security Downloads
Read&Write GOLD software helps students achieve their academic goals by providing support tools for reading, writing, and research assignments. Read&Write GOLD features both text-to-speech and speech-to-text conversion, as well as word translation, document scanning, and a talking calculator. Funded by the USF Technology Fee.
- Basic User Guide for Read&Write Gold
- Read &Write GOLD System Requirements
- Choose the applicable operating system links below to download Read&Write GOLD:
- Microsoft Windows Users: Read&Write GOLD and Windows Operating System Installation Instructions
- Mobile Devices and Google Docs: Read and Write GOLD Texthelp Web Apps provide support tools that work within multiple browsers on mobile devices including iPad, iPod Touch, iPhone, and other mobile devices, as well as PCs and Macs. To access downloads for mobile devices and Google Docs, please register using your USF email address by visiting textHELP Read & Write Webapp Access. For additional information, visit apps.texthelp.com.
The following software packages are available to download. In order to access the download, you may need your NetID. Software designated for Administrators will require additional privilege.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection: Anti-Virus & Anti-Spyware Software
- PuTTY: A free telnet and SSH Client for Windows and Unix platforms.
- FileZilla: A free cross-platform FTP software.
- Adobe: Run the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Save any open files and close all windows except for the browser
- Click on the link
- Click Run
- Click Yes if you are prompted with a security warning
- Wait for setup to complete, which takes a few minutes
- When setup is complete, you will see an icone for NWRDC.hep on your desktop
- Close all open windows
- Restart the PC - Issues have been reported using Firefox. Please use Internet Explorer for best results and allow a few seconds for the download to begin. This software may only be downloaded from USF Desktops.