Mandatory Orientation Attendance
The University of South Florida System requires all new undergraduate, degree-seeking students enrolling at its Tampa campus for the first time to attend a full Orientation session. The Orientation requirement must be completed in order for a student to be eligible to register for classes. Students who do not complete all aspects of the Orientation experience will be required to attend another session or update their term of entry to a future semester. Parents, friends or family members may not attend in lieu of the student.
Students will not be excused from all or part of an Orientation session to attend a high school graduation. Students should choose an Orientation date that does not conflict with these events.
First Year Student Overnight Stay
All first year students starting classes in the summer or fall term will be required to stay overnight in a residence hall as part of the Orientation experience. Students seeking or granted exemption from the on-campus housing requirement are not exempt from the Orientation overnight stay.
Student Late Reservation Changes
First Year Students: A $25 late fee is placed on the reservation of students who change their date within 3 business days of their scheduled session. Catering numbers are confirmed at this time, and the cost is incurred regardless of attendance.
Transfer Students: A $25 late fee is placed on the reservation of students who change their date within 24 hours of their scheduled session.
All Guests: No late fees are assessed on guest reservations at any time.
Session No Show Fee
A $25 no show fee is placed on the reservation of students who miss their scheduled session and reschedule to a later date.
Refund requests are reviewed and granted in certain situations. All refunds will be issued less a $10 transaction fee.
Student refund requests must be received no later than 8:00 am (Eastern) on the third (3rd) business day prior to the scheduled session. Guest refund requests must be received by 10:30 am (Eastern) on the day of check in for the session.
Situations considered for refund:
- Student is rescinded by the university before attending orientation
- Student registers for incorrect USF System campus orientation
- Student cancels admission before attending orientation
- Guest cancels reservation before checking in
There will be no refund in the following situations:
- Student requests made after 8:00 am (Eastern) within 3 business days of a session
- Guest requests made after 10:30 am (Eastern) on the day of check in for the session
- Requests made after being a no show at orientation
- Student is rescinded by the university after attending orientation
- Student changes campus after attending orientation
Visit http://www.usf.edu/myorientationrefund to make a refund request.