Coverdell Fellows Program
Peace Corps Service will support academic experience through:
- Providing Returning Peace Corps Volunteers (RPVCs) with the skills needed to affect change and garner support for global sustainability initiatives.
- The ability to collaborate with diverse groups to achieve consensus.
- Leadership skills that will help motivate others to take action in the field of sustainability.
- International knowledge and experience that allows for a better understanding of global sustainability issues and the promotion of innovative sustainable practices.
On average, 75-85% of our graduates who are seeking jobs obtain positions in the sustainability field within 12 months of graduation. Examples of recent alumni careers include:
- Stantec | Senior Project Scientist
- HCC | Sustainability Officer
- Formulated Solutions | Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager
- Leon County | Recycling & Sustainability Manager
- HDR | Environment Project Manager
Costs are estimated for both Florida residents and non-Florida residents.
Coverdell Fellows will be offered a Graduate Assistant (GA) position, which includes
a 20 hour a
week paid position (minimum of $13.52/hour for Master's students). They are also eligible for a
tuition waiver for the semester(s) in which they are appointed. Up to 9 credit hours can be waived