New Degree Program and Change of Status
New Degree Authorization
The University of South Florida Board of Trustees (USF BOT) has the responsibility and authority to approve for implementation new degree programs at the bachelor's, master's, advanced master's, and specialist level in accordance with BOG Regulation 6C-8.011(3) and (6) and USF Policy 0-036.
The Florida Board of Governors has the authority to approve for implementation new professional and research doctoral degree programs. The USF BOT must approve new professional and research doctoral degree programs for submission to the Board of Governors for authorization, in accordance with the criteria outlined in BOG Regulation 6C-8011(3).
New Degree Program Authorization Resources
Authorization of a new degree program at USF is a two-step process that begins with the faculty and ends with approval by the BOT or BOG. The new degree program process is initiated by the Undergraduate Council for Baccalaureate degrees and the Graduate Council for Master and Doctoral degrees.
- Links to Resources
- SUS Degree Inventory
- New Degree Programs Proposed in the 2014-15 System Work Plan
- Employment and Salary Data for USF Graduates (FETPIP Data)
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity: Employment Statistics
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity: Targeted Occupations List
- SUS Expenditure Analysis Report
- ExpertNet State of Florida Instructional Programs
- Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupational Outlook Handbook
Degree Program Change of Status
- Limited Access Request Form
- Request for Extension of Time Included on Work Plan
- Degree Program Termination Form
- USF Program Termination Policy
- Inactive Program Notification Form
- Program Reactivation Form
- CIP Change Request Form