While the steering committee will promote collaboration between STEM faculty, business partners and community leaders across the Tampa Bay region there will be many working groups or task forces that will more fully explore collaborations within specific areas. Such task forces are yet to be determined but could include specific subject areas such as:
- Computation and data science/ analytics, IT and cybersecurity
- Global health and infectious diseases
- Oceanography, climate change and the environment
- Bioengineering and medical devices
- Drug discovery and development
We could also develop task forces that bring together people in specific areas such as education or outreach, or in locations such as St. Petersburg or Sarasota/Manatee.