Initial review of applications for the training year 2018-2019 will begin on December 15, 2017 and will continue until January 5, 2018. Skype interviews will be offered to preferred candidates in January 2018 and offers will be made on or before February 27, 2018. The selected candidates will be invited to complete a USF online application to initiate the hiring process, and will be subject to a Level 2 Background Check.
Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to use the APPIC online application system for postdoctoral programs, the APPA CAS. To register for an APPA CAS account, use this link: https://appicpostdoc.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login. If you choose to apply using the APPA CAS system, please be aware of the following errors on that system:
1. Although the questions related to experiences working in counseling center and healthcare settings are listed as optional on the system, these two questions are required, not optional. This is a system error – please respond to all of the questions to be sure that your application is complete.
2. If you need to attach additional documentation (e.g., from your Training Director or Dissertation Chair), please either (a) copy and paste these documents at the end of your cover letter and upload all of the documents as a single file with your cover letter, or (b) you can upload them under the evaluations or other documents section on the APPA CAS application website.
To apply directly to the program, please submit the materials listed below to Dr. Nikel Rogers-Wood, Postdoctoral Fellowship Training Coordinator, at email@example.com by January 5, 2018. Materials will only be accepted via email and all materials should be sent as a single PDF attachment. The file name should be your last name followed by "USFPD" (e.g., Rogers-WoodUSFPD.pdf). Please email any questions to Dr. Rogers-Wood at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send your email with high importance and with "USF PD QUESTION" in your subject line.
1. A cover letter outlining your specific interests in our program.
2. Curriculum Vita
3. Brief statements outlining: (a) your experiences working with diverse populations (4000 character maximum), (b) your experiences working in counseling center settings (3000 character maximum), and (c) your experiences working in healthcare settings (3000 character maximum).
4. Three letters of recommendation, at least one of which must be from an internship supervisor.
5. A letter from your dissertation chair regarding dissertation status and anticipated completion date.
6. A statement from the internship training director indicating good standing in the program and expected completion date (if the internship is already completed, please submit certificate or similar documentation).
7. Graduate transcripts
If your internship training director and/or dissertation chair are also your recommenders, they can include the relevant information in their letters.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. The search and selection process will be conducted in accordance with provisions of the Government in the Sunshine laws of the State of Florida. Meetings of the search committee are open to the public. All documents related to the search will be available for public inspection. For reasonable accommodations for a disability contact Jennifer Carter at 813-974-4005 or by using the Florida Dual Party Relay System, 1-800-955-8770 (voice) or 1-800-955-8771 (TDD) a minimum of five (5) working days in advance.