Resident Assistant (RA) & Community Manager (CM)
In light of current vacancies in Greek Village for the 2018-19 academic year, Residential Education is excited to announce the launch of an additional Community Manager (CM) Selection Process.
Residential Education seeks student leaders with strong critical-thinking and reflection skills who effectively promote personal growth. Furthermore, Residential Education seeks individuals committed to building thriving communities rooted in student success and learning.
Please note: If you participated in a previous Student Staff Selection Process and were disqualified from this process, you are eligible to participate in this additional, new process outlined below as it is entirely separate.
Spring 2018 Additional CM Selection Process Anticipated Timeline
Note: The dates below may change slightly as the process evolves
Monday, March 19, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Application for new and returning CM candidates available here due
- Link to YouTube video due to email@example.com
Friday, March 23, 2018
Update about candidacy sent to new CM candidates (Including interview invites to applicable applicants)
Friday, April 6, 2018
Update about candidacy sent to all CM applicants
Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
Deadline to accept a 2018-19 CM position or a spot in the 2018-19 CM Alternate Pool
Friday, April 13 from 6 to 8:30 p.m. in TBA Location
Mandatory 2018-19 Residential Education Student Staff Kickoff
YouTube Video Information
In order to learn more about you, we require you to complete a three minute video as part of this application process. You may be disqualified from this process if this video is longer than three minutes.
Please answer the questions below in this video and upload it to YouTube. In order to remain a viable candidate in this search process, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org a link to this YouTube video by Monday, March 19 at 11:59 p.m. Furthermore, in order to remain a viable candidate, this video must be visible to the public.
Returning CM Video Questions
- How do you define social justice? Give a specific example of how you have built a positive relationship with a student in your community who does not have the same beliefs, behaviors, identities, and background as you.
- Provide one example of how you have built community this year and one example of a new initiative you want to employ next year in the position to build community.
New CM Video Questions
- What do you believe is the role of a CM at USF? Please provide an example of a previous experience or skill set related to this role.
- How do you define social justice? Give a specific example of how you have built a positive relationship with an individual who does not have the same beliefs, behaviors, identities, and background as you.
Returning CM Process
Current CMs applying to return to the CM position for the 2018-19 academic year need to complete the application and YouTube video process outlined above by Monday, March 19 at 11:59 p.m. to remain a viable candidate in this selection process. Current CMs will not need to participate in an interview.
Student Staff Informational Sessions
Residential Education is not offering informational sessions for this condensed, additional 2018-19 CM Selection Process. Therefore, attendance at a Student Staff Informational Session is not required to be a viable candidate in this selection process. If you have questions about the CM position, please email email@example.com for more information.