Resident Assistant (RA) & Community Manager (CM)
What is the Time Commitment?
- Staff meeting for two hours one night a week.
- One-on-one with supervisor for one hour one day a week.
- One-on-one meetings for intentional conversations with residents are required throughout the semester.
- Frequent community meetings are required throughout the semester.
- The amount of shifts vary per building, but typically average weekday shifts are once every one to two weeks and one to three weekends per semester.
- Shifts are from 5 p.m. until 8 a.m. the following morning for weekday duty weekends (and university closures) consist of 24-hour duty.
- Student Staff members must be regularly visible in the halls and available to address resident needs.
- Student Staff members will play a critical role in the implementation of housing's residential curriculum.
- Each Student Staff member will participate in on-going professional development to enhance their training and their personal and academic development.
- Student Staff members may be asked to take on additional committee work or other duties to support their staff teams.
- Living Learning Community RAs will work to connect residents to specific programmatic academic goals.
- Student Staff members will be expected to participate in department initiatives.
- Student Staff members will be asked to participate in the recruitment of new staff.