In the fall 2018 semester, this page will be updated with spring 2019 move-in information. The information below regards spring 2018.
WELCOME TO USF!
We can't wait for you to join us on campus where it is the Best place to Live, the Best place to Work, and the Best place to Learn. In fact, that's our motto in Housing & Residential Education! Spring Opening day is right around the corner on Saturday, January 6, 2018. You will begin your check-in process at 10 a.m. at your 24-hour desk. Juniper, Poplar, and Magnolia residents will visit the Juniper-Poplar 24-hour desk. Check this page often for updates and let us know if you need any assistance! If you are a returning student you do not need to check in.
WHAT IF I CAN'T ARRIVE DURING SPRING OPENING?
If you are arriving before January 6, you must be pre-approved for early arrival (see section below). If you arrive after January 8 at noon, you must send an email to email@example.com as soon as you are aware of your delay.
Pre-Approved to Arrive Early?
If you are a member of a group that has been pre-approved for early arrival, please log on to the Housing Portal and complete the Early Arrival Request form. We won't be able to accommodate early arrivals for students who are not members of pre-approved groups.
For those students pre-approved to move in early, the nightly rate for the assigned
room will apply (total will be billed to OASIS). View Spring 2018 Early Arrival Rates
January 2, starting at 10 a.m. Students arriving for International and Transfer Orientation may check in at their
January 3, starting at 10 a.m. Students arriving for First Year Orientation may check in at their 24-hour desk
Parking and Transportation Services will open on Monday, January 8. Please make arrangements for your parking decal prior to your arrival. Visit the Parking Services website for more information and to review the Parking Rules & Regulations. Make sure to adhere to all roadside signage regarding loading/unloading zones and do not park in marked spaces (i.e. handicapped spots, 24-hour spots, etc.).
How do I sign up for a meal plan?
You chose your meal plan through your housing application. If you need to make changes, you must visit Dining Services in-person on Monday, January 8.
How do I pay for a meal plan?
All meal plans will be billed to your student OASIS account.
Will my financial aid cover the cost of the meal plan?
Because all meal plans are billed to your student OASIS account, if you are receiving any scholarships, loans, grants, etc, these funds may help cover part of your meal plan charge. Financial Aid will apply to tuition/fees, housing and THEN meal plan charges. Funds remaining after tuition, fees, and housing have been paid will apply to the meal plan charge.
When is the meal plan payment due?
If there is a balance owed in OASIS for the spring meal plan, it will need to be paid by Tuesday, January 23.
Where is the best place to learn more about dining?
Visit the USF Dining website and review the terms & conditions in the "meal plans" section.
If you have additional questions, please contact Dining Services at 813-974-4499, via email, or visit Dining Services in person at the Marshall Student Center, 1st floor, Room 1502, during normal business hours.
Your mailbox information is visible on the same screen as your housing assignment in the Housing Portal. If you would like to ship anything prior to move-in, please wait until January 2, 2018. All packages can be picked up in your area's Mail Center (Holly H for north Campus, JPH lobby for south campus). Mail Centers will be open for regular hours starting Monday, January 8.
Mail Room Hours
Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday: Noon - 3 p.m.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. If you would like to request an accommodation for move-in, we ask that you contact our office at 813-974-0001 or firstname.lastname@example.org five days before your arrival.
- Complete the housing application steps to secure an assignment.
- Apply for your meal plan (optional for transfer/ upper-class students).
- Login to the Housing Portal, select "Profile Information," then "Future Housing Assignment Information" to view your spring housing assignment (this is also where your roommates/suite-mates/apartment-mates are listed). If you don't have an assignment, please contact us for assistance.
- Communicate with your future roommate(s) and coordinate what you will bring to campus. Things like printers, microwaves, refrigerators, and TVs can be shared!
- Check your homeowner's/renter's insurance to see if it covers your belongings on campus. If not, purchase additional insurance through your company or check out these specialized options (links are provided as examples and do not serve as an endorsement):
- Get in touch with other incoming students and stay up-to-date on important university announcements through your class Facebook group.
- Complete other university checklists (such as purchasing parking pass, ordering textbooks, etc.).
- Make your Fall Meal Plan payment (due Tuesday, January 23).
- Remember to bring your University ID with you. If you have not already received your ID, you can obtain this ID on Monday at USF Card Services in SVC 1032.
- Review the Resident Handbook.
- Check out the Week of Welcome events.
- Review the "What to bring?" list
Card Center (Student IDs) - 813-974-2357 - SVC 1032
Dining Services/Meal Plans - 813-974-4499 - MSC 1502
Financial Aid - 813-974-4700 - SVC 1102
New Student Connections - 813-974-2896 - MSC 3200
Parking & Transportation Services - 813-974-3990 - PSB 101
Students with Disabilities Services - 813-974-4309 - SVC 1133
Undergraduate Admissions - 813-974-3350 - SVC 1036
USF Campus Police - 813-974-2628 (non-emergency) 911 (emergency)
HEALTHY BULL TIPS
Moving can be stressful. Fight off stress by establishing a healthy routine of sleep, diet, and exercise. On campus, get a great workout at the Campus Recreation Center and find tips on managing your stress at the Wellness Center in the MSC.