Residence Halls Close on Saturday, May 5 at noon
All residents are expected to vacate their rooms 24 hours after their last exam or by Saturday, May 5 at noon, whichever comes first. Please review all the information on this page including the moving options below.
General Closing Information
- Residents are expected to vacate the halls within 24 hours of their last final exam or by Saturday, May 5 at noon, whichever comes first.
- Please remember to take all belongings with you, as failure to do so will risk these items being discarded at your expense.
- If you have a Summer A, AB, or C contract and you need to stay for the week of break before your summer contract begins, you must complete a Spring 2018 - Summer 2018 Break Stay Request form online (available in the Housing Forms section of the Housing Portal) by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25 to authorize billing for your break stay.
- The residence halls close at noon on Saturday, May 5. Everyone must vacate their rooms by this time unless step 3 has been completed and approved.
- Beacon Hall will re-open for the Summer A and C session at 9 a.m. on Friday, May 11.
24-Hour Quiet Hours
24-hour quiet hours begin Wednesday, April 25 at 10 p.m. Please be courteous to your peers, especially when you are packing and moving during check-out. Failure to comply with quiet hours may result in immediate dismissal from the halls. Please review this information in its entirety to ensure a successful experience as you prepare for the end of the semester.
2018 BREAK STAY RATES
Rates are based on six extra nights in the summer assignment.
Beacon Hall Double - $197.28
Beacon Hall Double - $232.44
Beacon Hall Single - $281.40
If you are vacating the halls, please remember to complete the Mail Forwarding Address form in the Profile Information section of the Housing Portal. In addition, please update your address on OASIS before leaving for the summer as other offices in the University will use this address for sending you information over the summer. The last day to pick up mail/packages is Friday, May 4 from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
LOST/DAMAGED KEY CHARGES:
Core Change: $50/core
Key Replacement: $15/key
Temporary Access Card: $15 if not returned
Key Tag: $10/damaged or unreturned tag
Bent/Broken Key: $6
Note: Lost key charges will vary based on your residence hall location. You will be responsible for all keys that need to be reissued to roommates and suite/apartment mates.
- An Improper Check-Out charge of $100.00 will be assessed if you fail to check out with an RA/CM. Other applicable damage, hauling, lost key, and cleaning charges may apply if you fail to check out of your room/apartment.
- Room Damage Charges will be assessed by your RA/CM at check-out, and confirmed by your RLC/ARLC after check out. All damages will be documented on your Room Condition Report (RCR) and charges will be tentatively determined upon move out. Official confirmation of charges will be emailed to your USF email account.
- Sign up for a check-out time with your RA at least 48 hours prior to when you wish to check out.
- Please remove all personal belongings from your room prior to check-out time.
- Please return all furniture to its original position (There is a $25.00 charge to re-assemble or move furniture).
- Please remove posters, tape/decals and residue, nails, hooks, etc. from walls, windows and mirrors.
- Please clean your room and/or apartment thoroughly. Clean and defrost refrigerator and clean stove and other appliances in the apartment if applicable.
- Please remove trash and sweep/vacuum the floor. Common areas must be cleaned each time a member of the living unit checks out, otherwise cleaning charges will apply - regardless of who is responsible for clean up.
- Leave the air conditioning fan on HIGH or at least 72 degrees and keep your blinds open when you leave.
- If you are leaving campus for the summer, you must take your bike with you, or it will be removed by the university. If you will be staying on campus for the summer, please remember to take your bike with you to your new building.
- FINAL STEP: Go to your 24 Hour Desk (Juniper-Poplar, Holly M, The Hub) and turn in your room key(s).
Check out following the General Check-Out Procedures listed above.
To remain in your room for the break, you must go to the Housing Forms section of the Housing Portal by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25 and complete a Spring 2018 - Summer 2018 Break Stay Request form, which must be approved for permission to be granted
- If you do not want to pay the break stay charge, you must check out of your room and take your belongings home by noon on Saturday, May 5. Failure to check out following the General Check-Out Procedures above may result in additional charges. You may check into your summer room on Friday, May 11 beginning at 9 a.m.
- All residents remaining in their room must have their bathrooms and/or common areas clean and ready for new roommates. New residents can arrive as early as Monday, May 7. Throughout the summer, other students may be assigned to vacant beds.
- You must move to your summer assignment on Monday, May 7 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (pending break stay approval). You may remain in your present room until that time if you have a valid Summer A, A/B, or C contract and you have gone into the Housing Portal by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25 to make these arrangements and authorize the break stay charge.
- Please adhere to the procedures outlined in the General Check-Out Procedures section. If you are not able to move on Transition Day or do not want to pay the break stay charge, you must check out and take your belongings home by noon on Saturday, May 5. You may check into your summer room on Friday, May 11 beginning at 9 a.m.
Thank you so much for staying with us on campus. Good luck on your final exams, Bulls!
Please contact your RA or your 24-hour desk.
North Campus - Holly M
South Campus - Juniper-Poplar
The Village - The Hub