Market Your Event
Registered student organizations, departments, tenants, or individual students of the USF Community may chalk the sidewalks around the Marshall Student Center.
- Chalking is only permitted on the North, South, and East Entrances to the building and the sidewalks surrounding the Marshall Student Center. The Marshall Student Center does not have the authority to grant approval for other sidewalks on campus.
- Chalking on any area where there is an overhang preventing rain from reaching is NOT permitted.
- Chalking on the south patio area adjacent to Beef-O-Brady's is NOT permitted
- Chalked messages only last two (2) to three (3) days so you might want to plan to chalk the day before of the day of the event for maximum visibility.
- No chalking within twenty (20) feet from the east and south entrance doors
- No chalking under the portico on the north entrance.
- Chalking of interior areas is strictly prohibited.
- Chalking is NOT permitted on any stairways, landing/patio areas, or any vertical surface inside or outside the building
- No crayons, markers, or paint are allowed – only chalk (colored or white).
- "Sidewalk/Chalk Paint" which is a liquid version of sidewalk chalk is NOT permitted because it stains the concrete and can only be fully removed through pressure washing the chalked surface.
- View the map of permitted chalking areas outside of the Marshall Student Center.