Marshall Study Center
Don't survive finals, THRIVE!
Manage Time with the Intense Study Session
- Set a Goal (1‐2 min) - Decide what you want to accomplish in your study session.
- Study with Focus (30‐50 min) - Interact with material; organize, concept map, summarize, process, re‐read, fill‐in notes, reflect, etc.
- Reward Yourself (10‐15 min) - Take a break by calling a friend, playing a short game, or getting a snack.
- Review (5 min) - Go over what you just studied.
Try these tips to help manage stress:
- Eat nutritious foods and stay hydrated.
- Visit with a Registered Dietitian in the Wellness Center and bring your own bottle and refill at one of the MSC's refill-a-Bull stations.
- Get regular and adequate sleep and breathe deeply.
- Grab a free sleep pack from the Wellness Center and visit the serenity room on the 3rd floor of the MSC for peaceful and quiet scenic views.
- Plan study time & focus on the present.
- Find the perfect spot to focus in one of the individual or group study rooms reserved in the MSC and practice mindful meditation to improve concentration and memory. Needs some tips? Visit the Counseling Center to feel better now.
- Connect with positive friends and have some fun by rewarding yourself for hard work.
- Recruit a friend or classmate to enjoy the calming environment at Study in the Park at USF Riverfront Park or take a break to visit the Centre Gallery on the 2nd Floor of the MSC.
- Reduce or abstain from alcohol and tobacco and avoid energy drinks. If you find this hard to do, walk in to SVC 2124, the Counseling Center can help. And remember, energy drinks cause more harm then help. Nothing will give you more energy than adequate sleep and eating well.
Take a quick break in the Wellness Center
Located on the 1st floor, the Wellness Center's goal is to help you adopt a well-balanced lifestyle. Meet with a registered dietitian, get a blood pressure screening, check your height, weight, and BMI, pick up free condoms, get a free chair massage and gather information on a variety of health and wellness topics. They're goal is to help you adopt a balanced lifestyle and connect you with professionals who support different aspects of your well-being.