Fall Family Weekend
Save the Date! Fall Family Weekend 2014 will take place September 26-28!
Fall Family Weekend is an excellent way to reconnect with your student, meet and greet other parent and family members and show your USF pride. Family Weekend takes place five-six weeks after the start of classes, affording students the opportunity to acclimate to campus and settle in to their classes. Each year, many activities are planned, offering a look at all that is going on at USF. Activities include: canoeing, ropes course, tours of the Campus Recreation Center and the USF Botanical Gardens, academic lecture, resource fair, a chalking contest, a "Meet & Greet" with the campus dignitaries, Family Game Show Night and Family Karaoke. All family members (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, etc.) are encouraged to attend Family Weekend.
Please note that due to the athletic schedule we are unable to offer a home football game during Fall Family Weekend 2014. We hope that does not deter you from visiting your student or USF in September. Parent & Family Programs is currently developing the schedule for Fall Family Weekend and will be providing updates as more details become available. At this point we are happy to share the following to assist in your planning for Fall Family Weekend 2014.
- Check-in is scheduled to begin at 3:00 pm on Friday, September 26th (there will also be a Check-in period on the morning of Saturday, September 27th - beginning at 8:00 am - for those unable to attend on Friday).
- Key departments will be available from 3:00-6:00 pm on Friday to answer questions and provide information on campus resources/activities.
- At this point, we do not have activities planned before 3:00 pm on Friday – this is mainly to facilitate family travel and accommodate work commitments. However, various events will take place that evening up to 10:30 pm.
- A number of activities are planned for each of the three days: Friday (between 6:00 pm and 10:30 pm) Saturday (between 9:00 am and 9:30 pm) and Sunday (between 9:00 am and early afternoon).
- We anticipate the registration cost for Fall Family Weekend will be $40 per adult (18 and older) and $25 per child (17 and under) – children 3 and under will be free. Note that USF students are not charged registration costs.
- There will be a small additional cost for some events (such as canoeing, ropes course) that have a limit on participants. You will be able to register/pay for these events when you register for Fall Family Weekend.
Online registration for Fall Family Weekend 2014 will be available in early August. Stay tuned for updates on the schedule!
View photos from Fall Family Weekend '13.
"Like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usfparents.
Join the Parent & Family mailing list here to receive regular updates.