Student Government Advising, Training & Operations
Are you interested in learning more about opportunities to work in Student Government? Student Government Advising, Training & Operations will be happy to help you explore your options as a potential SG employee, volunteer, or future officer. Stop by and chat with our staff.
Our primary work focus is to facilitate the inner workings of USF's Student Government by providing guidance, training and operational support to the current administration and employees.
To advise and assist student government members with the planning and implementation of programs, operations, and services to ensure student success.
Creating adaptive, ethical environments where students aspire to change the world.
We practice a holistic, learning partnership and developmental philosophy characterized by:
- INTEGRITY - Developing moral and ethical leaders who implement student government and university principles and practices.
- ADVOCACY - Representing our constituents and creating opportunities for positive change.
- INCLUSIVITY - Creating a culture of respect that celebrates and embraces diversity.
- CIVILITY - Acting courteous, kind and professional in our interactions across contexts.
- Provide students and staff with experiential learning opportunities and competency skills that advance their personal and professional goals, serve the needs of their constituents, and support the academic mission of the university.
- Provide accessible advising support that addresses the goals, means, and consequences of effective and ethical decision-making by student government students.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to strengthen involvement and engagement opportunities for students/staff.
- Use best practices in student governance advising to maximize the productivity of human, financial, physical and technological resources.