VA Work Study
If you are receiving VA Education Benefits under Chapter 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606, or 1607; and are attending school at least 3/4 time, you may be eligible to participate in the VA Work-Study Program at the Office of Veteran Success. The program is highlighted by the following items:
- Work up to 25 hours/week during an academic term.
- Minimum wage (non-taxable).
- Hours scheduled around your classes.
The following is a list of locations that are also approved for VA Work Study. If you prefer one of those locations, you will need to submit your Work Study Application Directly to that location instead of the Office of Veteran Success:
- James A Haley, VA Hospital - 813-972-2000, ext 4183
- Bay Pines Medical Center - 727-398-6661, ext 4772
- Agency for Workforce Innovations - 813-930-7814
- Vet Center - 813-228-2621
- Hillsborough County Veteran Affairs - 813-975-2181
- Department of Children and Families - 813-558-5782
Complete the Work Study Application and email it to Victoria Babinetz for consideration at the USF Office of Veteran Success. Please include a copy of your resume and DD 214 (SSN redacted) with the email.
To apply to one of the other approved locations, submit your application directly to that location.
Please call our office at 813-974-2291 for more information on these locations or the program.