Out of State Tuition Waiver
The C.W. Bill Young Tuition Waiver Program (Chapter 1009.26, Section 36, Subsection (12)(a) Florida Statutes) waives out-of-state fees for an honorably discharged veteran of the United States Armed Forces, United States Reserve Forces, or the National Guard who physically reside within the state of Florida while enrolled at any USF campus.
- DD-214 showing Honorable Discharge
- Proof of residency within the state of Florida in the form of one of the following:
- Florida driver's license or State ID Card
- Florida vehicle registration
- Florida voter's registration
- Proof of homestead exemption in Florida
- Proof of permanent employment in Florida (Letter on company letterhead stating that the claimant will be employed at least 20 hours per week)
- A declaration of domicile in Florida
- Proof of water, electric, or natural gas bill
- Proof of a lease agreement
- Degree seeking student (cannot be a non-degree student)
- Student cannot have over 110% of their degree requirements. This means that if you need 120 credits to graduate in your major, you cannot have more than 132 total credits (military, transfer, and USF credits).
Application for the C.W. Bill Young Tuition Waiver must be submitted by 5:00 PM on the FRIDAY before classes begin for the upcoming semester. This application only needs to be turned in once for the entire time a student is in school.
If you qualify for 100% of chapter 33 post 9/11 and are a dependent using chapter 33 post-9/11 GI Bill, please refer to the Yellow Ribbon Application.