Vet to Vet Tutoring
The veteran tutoring program was developed to provide FREE tutoring to USF veteran students by providing knowledgeable veteran tutors. The program started in November of 2013 and has helped several veterans improve their academic performance.
This program is different than any other tutoring program available to you on campus. You will be tutored on an individual bases by a qualified tutor who is knowledgeable in the subject area you need tutoring in and is a Veteran themselves or related to a Veteran. The tutoring will not cost you anything but your time and commitment to succeed. If you are having difficulty in a class and would like to be tutored in an individual setting, please complete the Tutor Request Form. If we do not have a tutor for the subject you need assistance in, please complete the Tutor Request Form and we will attempt to locate a qualified tutor for you.
Summer 2015 – Course Availability
- BCH 3023 - Introductory Biochemistry
BSC 1005 - Principles of Biology
BSC 2010 - Biology I
CHM 2045 - General Chemistry I
CHM 2046 - General Chemistry II
MAC 1105 - College Algebra
MAC 1147 - Pre-calculus/Trigonometry
MAC 2311 - Calculus I
MAC 2312 - Calculus II
MAC 2313 - Calculus III
PHY 2048 - Physics I w/ Calculus
PHY 2049 - Physics II w/ Calculus
PHY 2053 - Physics I
PHY 2054 - Physics II
STA 2023 - Introduction to Statistics
*Other subjects may be available upon request.
Tutoring is a great opportunity to help other veterans succeed in their education programs. Your knowledge and skills are valuable resources and if you are willing, we would love to utilize those resources. If you are interested in applying to become a tutor, please refer to the information below.
- Must be a Veteran or Veteran Dependent
- USF undergraduate or graduate student
- Current enrollment ¾ time or more
- Minimum Cumulative GPA of 3.25
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 in the subject areas to be tutored
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and subject knowledge required
- Firm desire to help other student Veterans succeed
- Clear Articulation in English
- At least a 2nd Year Student (undergraduates)
Benefits to Tutor:
- Paid Tutoring position
- Earn a National Certification for Tutoring
- Gain professional experience to use on your resume (i.e. leadership and organization skills)
- Provide peer support to other student veterans
- Complete all sections of the Tutoring Application
- Must submit a copy of your current transcript with your most recent grades (an unofficial transcript or DegreeWorks is acceptable)
- Submit the Tutoring Application and transcripts to the VetSuccess on Campus location, ALN 130
*You may be contacted for an interview based on meeting all minimum required qualifications.
For further information or questions, please contact Sandra Damiron at 813-974-2291.