VA Work Study
If you are receiving VA benefits under Chapter 30, 31, 33, 35, 1606 or 1607 and are attending school at least 3/4 time, you may be eligible to participate in the VA Work-Study Program. The program is highlighted by the following items:
- Work up to 25 hours/week during an academic term.
- Minimum wage (non-taxable).
- Hours scheduled around your classes.
The following locations are approved for VA Work Study:
- USF Office of Veteran Services - 813-974-2291
- James A Haley, VA Hospital - 813-972-2000, ext 4183
- Bay Pines Medical Center - 727-398-6661, ext 4772
- Agency for Workforce Innovations - 813-930-7814
- Vet Center - 813-228-2621
- Hillsborough County Veteran Affairs - 813-975-2181
- Department of Children and Families - 813-558-5782
Complete the Work Study Application to get the process started. You can email it to email@example.com or give it to our front office staff. We would like to see a resume attached, but it is not required.
Please call our office (813-974-2291) for more information on these locations or the program.