College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
FormatAll CLEP exams are administered via a computer-based program in the USF Testing Services office. Examinees have 90 minutes to complete any CLEP test. Please allow at least 4-6 weeks for your CLEP scores to be processed and transferred to your transcripts.
USF Testing Services offers the CLEP examinations on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturdays, 8 a.m.-3 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Examinees should register at least one business day in advance.
The College Board charges $85 for each CLEP test. USF Testing Services also charges a $30 administration fee payable prior to registering.
- Register for your exam on the CLEP website
- Submit your $30 administration fee online. Please note: Your Testing Services fee will appear on your bank/credit card account statement as "USF Innovative Education."
- Contact Testing Services at 813-974-2742 after steps one and two have been completed to schedule your test date/time.
Appointments may be rescheduled up to 1 day in advance of your test date for a $15 fee. The reschedule fee must be paid online prior to calling. Missed appointments will require full repayment of the exam fee.
Students may retake a CLEP exam after three months. Scores of exams repeated earlier than three months are invalid and test fees forfeited.
- CLEP College Board
- CLEP College Board Student Exams
- Subject Area Examinations
- CLEP College Board Professional Exams
If you require special accommodations based on a documented disability, please submit
your request with documentation prior to scheduling an examination. Contact USF Students
with Disability Services at 813-974-4309 for additional information.