FKL for Faculty & Staff
FKL Requirements for Students
The Foundations of Knowledge and Learning (FKL) Core Curriculum consists of a lower-level General Education component and an upper-level Capstone Learning Experience component.
Students are required to complete 36 credit hours of FKL General Education in six core areas as follows:
- English Composition (6 credits)
- Fine Arts (3 credits) and Humanities (6 credits)
- Human and Cultural Diversity in a Global Context (3 credits)
- Mathematics (3 or 6 credits) and Quantitative Reasoning (0 or 3 credits)
- Natural Sciences (3 credits Life Science and 3 credits Physical Science)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (6 credits)
Six of the above credits must include Human Historical Context and Process as a dimension.
At the upper-level, students are required to complete six credit hours of the FKL Capstone Learning Experience as follows: