FKL Core Curriculum for Students
The FKL Core Curriculum is divided into two parts:
- 36 credit hours (usually 12 courses) of lower-level General Education courses, usually completed by the end of your sophomore year.
- 6 credit hours (usually 2 courses) of upper-level Capstone Learning Experience courses, usually taken during the junior or senior year.
|English Composition||6 credit hours|
|Fine Arts||3 credit hours|
|Humanities||6 credit hours|
|Human and Cultural Diversity in a Global Context||3 credit hours|
|Mathematics||6 credit hours||
|3 credit hours|
|Quantitative Reasoning||3 credit hours|
|Physical Sciences||3 credit hours|
|Life Sciences||3 credit hours|
|Social and Behavioral Sciences||6 credit hours|
1. To fulfill the General Education portion of the FKL Core Curriculum, you will need to take:
- 6 credit hours of English Composition, consisting of Composition I and Composition II
- 3 credit hours of Fine Arts
- 6 credit hours of Humanities
- 3 credit hours of Human and Cultural Diversity in a Global Context
- 6 credit hours of Mathematics and Quantitative Reasoning
- 3 credit hours of Physical Sciences
- 3 credit hours of Life Sciences
- 6 credit hours of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- 6 credit hours of the above coursework must be completed in Human Historical Context and Process courses. See FAQs for more details.
2. To fulfill the upper-level Capstone Learning Experience requirement of the FKL Core Curriculum, you will need to take:
- at least 1 Writing Intensive Capstone course (3 credit hours)
- at least 1 Capstone course (3 credit hours)
You must receive a minimum grade of "C-" in each course and an overall grade of 2.0 to fulfill any FKL requirement in General Education and the Capstone Learning Experience. S/U grades are not acceptable for USF FKL courses.
An upper-level course may fulfill a requirement within your major while also fulfilling a requirement in the FKL Core Curriculum. Check with your departmental advisor for details.