Gen Ed Revision
Several benefits come from this proposed framework:
- By allowing major courses to count towards the general education requirement, we are creating more curricular space for electives, certificates, minors, and intellectual exploration.
- All students graduate with two High Impact Practices.
- We will have the opportunity to provide 6 hours of USF General Education to transfer students.
- Students will be receiving a more rigorous general education that will better prepare them for life after their undergraduate degree.
- The new curriculum will be open to colleges, departments, and faculty currently locked out of the general education curriculum.