Gen Ed Revision
Curricular Best Practices
The General Education Council is continually working to develop recommended best practices for a variety of general education components. Please check back frequently for updates.
- Written communication should cover a variety of genres (e.g., discussion posts, proposals, reports, annotated bibliographies, article summaries/analyses, research essays, self-reflection, capstone portfolio, etc.)
- Written communication should include both low stakes and high stakes assignments
- All writing assignments should include a writing prompt
- High stakes writing assignments should include lower-stakes writing tasks scaffolded into the course schedule
- At least one higher stakes writing assignment should involve peer and/or instructor feedback