The Joint Military Leadership Center (JMLC)
JMLC Activities & Programs
Visits to U.S. Central Command and U.S. Special Operations Command at MacDill AFB
- The JMLC sponsors periodic visits to the headquarters of the U.S. Central Command (USCENTCOM) and the U.S. Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) at MacDill AFB.
- The purpose of the visits is to provide ROTC students an overview of a major unified combatant command, its mission and functions, and to meet with members of its staff.
Patriot Day Joint Run
- Inaugurated in 2015, the annual Joint Run is conducted on Patriot Day, September 11th, to honor the memory of the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001.
- The unit responsible for organizing and leading the Patriot Day Joint Run is rotated each year between the Army, Naval and Air Force ROTC units.
- This is the only time during the year that the three ROTC units gather together for morning Physical Training (PT).
- The three units assemble in the USF Track & Field Stadium. An invited guest will typically speak a few words about service and a moment of silence is observed. A representative from each unit will then lead the Joint formation in warm-up exercises. After the warm-ups, the units run a two mile circuit in formation complete with the students calling military cadence, or "jodies", while students bearing their unit guidons run around the formation for motivation and service pride.
Annual Commanders' Cup
- A year long series of competitive events between the Army, Naval and Air Force ROTC units to determine who will win the bragging rights and take possession of the coveted Commanders' Cup.
- The goal is to promote friendly inter-service competition and service pride while developing a strong spirit of camaraderie between the service ROTC programs at USF.
- Held in honor of the Army, Naval and Air Force ROTC students graduating and commissioning during the calendar year.
- The event provides an opportunity for the university's leadership, faculty, and friends to celebrate the accomplishments of the graduating cadets and midshipmen.
Naval Academy Foreign Affairs Conference (NAFAC)
- The JMLC sponsors one ROTC student each year to participate in NAFAC as a delegate.
- Hosted by the U.S. Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD, NAFAC is the leading undergraduate foreign affairs conference in the country.
- NAFAC provides participants a unique opportunity to meet other students from universities/colleges around the country and abroad to discuss global issues that directly affect U.S. interests and national security.
ROTC Living Learning Community (LLC)
- Started in 2011 and is truly "joint" with students of the Army, Naval and Air Force ROTC as residents.
- Provides a built in network of peer support that encourages excellence and develops a "joint" mindset that values the unique cultures of each military service (Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force) while pursuing a common goal - a commission in the armed forces of the United States.
- For additional information, click here.
Getting ready for inspection.