Events & Programs
Research in Arts Scholarship Program
The Research in Arts Scholarship (RIAS) represents a creative partnership between the USF Office for Undergraduate Research (OUR) and the Department of Art and Art History, which aims to foster student passion for inquiry and discovery. Two essential elements comprise the RIAS Scholarship: financial support, and comprehensive training in research skills and professional development. Under the direction of faculty mentors and OUR Program Directors, RIAS Scholars who participate in the USF School of Art and Art History's Summer Study Abroad Paris Program develop and produce research-based art projects from idea to installation.
Scholarship Award Amount: $1,500
Award is distributed during the fall semester
- RIAS is a two-semester initiative that involves a summer study abroad component followed by the completion of a research-based art project during the fall semester.
- The OUR awards approximately six scholarships each year.
- Student projects are displayed in an art exhibit within the OUR office suite for one academic year.
- Research-based art projects include the following work products: final work of art, supplementary research poster, research proposal, and the development of a research project web page on the OUR website.
RIAS Learning Objectives
- Create a research-based art project.
- Compose a research proposal.
- Design a research project web page.
- Present research findings at the USF Undergraduate Research Conference.
- Participate in the logistics and installation of an art exhibit.
- Document the research process and practice the art of reflection in "artist journals."
- Participate in a professional discussion panel and learn about creative careers.
2018 Research in Arts Scholars
Anna Marie Fennell