Global Achievement Awards
Deadline to Submit Nominations: Monday, October 16, 2017
- USF World is proud to sponsor the annual Global Achievement Awards Program. The awards recognize the remarkable ongoing work of our faculty, staff, administrators and university organizations as together we raise the global reputation of the USF System. As stated in several of our institutional long-range goals, globalizing the USF System is a priority. Accomplishing this paradigm shift takes the efforts of many individuals and groups across the USF System institutions and recognizing these wonderful achievements is critical to our growth. The 2017 Global Achievement Awards acknowledge outstanding contributions to USF's mission to ensure student success in a global environment during the 2016-17 school calendar year (Fall semester 2016, Spring semester 2017 and Summer semester 2017).
- Awards will be given in each of four categories.
- Award will be presented by USF President Judy Genshaft at the Global Achievement Breakfast on November 7, 2017.
- All nominees whose nomination packets are received by the submission deadline and verified as complete will receive a Certificate of Recognition.
Group Award presented for International Support
- USF Office, Department or Unit
Individual Award for Global Achievement or Support
- USF Faculty Member
- USF Staff Member
- USF Administrator
- Individual applicant/nominee or group nominees must be currently employed USF faculty, staff or administration members of a current office, department or unit from any USF System institution.
- Achievement(s) submitted for the award application must have been accomplished or formally recognized during the 2016-2017 university calendar year.
- Nominations may be made by any member of the USF System community who is familiar with the individual or group achievements. Applicants cannot self-nominate.
REVIEW CRITERIA MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Recognized global achievement(s), within the 2016-2017 university calendar year
- Affect of the achievement(s) on the university community
- Uniqueness or significance of the global achievement(s)
- Opportunity for extending global systems/processes within the USF System as a result of the initiative
- Implications for continued student success and the global footprint of USF
Each application packet must include all of the following:
- Nomination form – including a 200-word maximum description of the applicant's contributions or global achievement(s) during the 2016-2017 university calendar year.
- Two letters of support (one page in length) from USF employees and/or students describing the achievement(s) and discussing the significance of the contribution made by the nominee.
The deadline to submit applications is: Monday, October 16, 2017
- Combine the Nomination Form and letters of support in a single PDF file and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Global Award Committee, composed of selected staff from USF World.
- All individuals nominated will be invited and winners will be announced prior to the USF World Global Achievement Awards Breakfast on November 7, 2017.
Mary Cardenas, Executive Administrative Specialist for Dr. Roger Brindley at email@example.com or 813-974-1218