Facilities Information Services
About Facilities Information Services
Facilities Information Services oversees and manages university-wide facilities-related data and information and assists with data-driven planning and decision-making. FIS supports the university in the areas of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
FIS provides the following services:
- Management of the Universities work order and space management application (FAMIS)
- Design & Engineering Applications Technical Support
- Archive management and review for all construction project deliverables
- Development of CAD and BIM Guidelines & Standards
- Document management and records retention
- Creates charts, diagrams, and other engineering documents
- CAD space drawing floor plans for all university campuses and lease space
- Production and management of university GIS campus maps and applications
- Utilities infrastructure inventory including underground and above ground assets
- Mapping services and building directory kiosk maps, aerial photos
Facilities Management Service Center
The Facilities Management Service Center is part of the FIS department and provides point-of-contact support to Facilities Management departments and responds to calls from faculty, staff, students, and visitors to ensure and promote a friendly, safe, comfortable and informed community.