Building Information Services
The Building Information Services (BIS) group is under the purview of the Department of Emergency Management. The BIS group supports the Facilities Management Division and the University in the areas of Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Geographical Information Systems (GIS).
This group provides the following services:
- Management of the Universities work order and space management application (FAMIS)
- Design & Engineering Applications Technical Support
- Archive management and review for all construction project deliverables
- Development of CAD and BIM Guidelines & Standards
- Document management and records retention
- Creates charts, diagrams, and other engineering documents
- CAD space drawing floor plans for all university campuses and lease space
- Production and management of university GIS campus maps and applications
- Utilities infrastructure inventory including underground and above ground assets
- Mapping services and building directory kiosk maps, aerial photos
University Building Floor Plan
Access to building floor plans is through the Facilities and Asset Management Information System (FAMIS). The space drawing floor plans are within the FAMIS Space Management module, Visual Map application. USF building floor plans are only available to certain university employees. Please contact the Building Supervisor or your department’s Facilities Management liaison to request copies of building floor plans.
Please visit the Drawing Requests page for instructions on requesting drawings.