Routine Work Orders are typically completed within a 30 day time frame, however needed materials and staffing availability may impact the lead time of Routine Work Orders.
There are five ways to submit a work request:
- By Telephone (813-974-2845 or ext. 4-2845 from campus)
- Via email at FM-ServiceCenter@usf.edu
- Online using the Online Request Form (This option is for non-paying work orders only)
- FAX (813-974-3199 or ext. 4-3199 from campus)
- In Person at the Service Center located in OPM building.
In all six cases please provide the following information:
- The customer’s name, title, phone number, department, building prefix, and room number.
- Information for the contact person, if different from the customer requesting the work.
- The actual location of the work being requested must also be included, by building and room number or other specific location (as for work in stairwells, corridors, or outdoors).
- Finally, a job description must be supplied in sufficient detail to allow the Service Center to make a preliminary determination of the nature and scope of the work.
- Certain requests must be paid for by the requesting department or organization. In those cases, please provide valid account and/or chartfield information. The Paying Work Request must be signed by a person with authority to authorize charges on the specified account.
When the Service Center Staff enter the request into the computerized work order system, they will provide the customer information about the work order, including the work order number, for reference. If you provide an email address, then the system will automatically provide you with a confirmation email which will include the work order number.
Housing & Residential
Does your request concern a Residence Hall (dorm) Room or Apartment? If yes, please visit housing maintenance.
Operational Technology directly manages all requests for installation of or modifications to any fire, security alarm, building access and/or video security system. Please call 4-6058 or 4-1190 to request services.